We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The hotpot is a great classic of French cuisine but also an easy and delicious dish!
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 kg of pallet pork
- 1 kg of pork knuckle
- 2 sausages
- 1 leather sausage
- 1 beautiful cabbage (or 2 small)
- 6 beautiful carrots
- 10 potatoes firm flesh
- 10 small turnips (or 5 big)
- 6 whites leeks
- 1 onion
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 chicken stock cube
Auvergne hotpot recipe
The success of this traditional recipe lies mainly in the cooking meat and vegetables.
The cooking takes place in 3 stages, the first being reserved for meat alone, the second for meat with some of the vegetables and the third for meat, all the vegetables and sausages.
Preparation of vegetables:
- During this 1st meat cooking time, prepare the vegetables by peeling them and washing them.
- Remove the green from the leeks and wash them
- Cut the carrots and leeks into large sections
- Proportion the potatoes so that they are about the same size
- Do the same with the turnips (if they are large turnips, cut them in 4)
- Remove the green leaves from the cabbage and cut the heart in 4
- Blanch the cabbage by immersing it in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, remove it then put it in a colander to drain it
Cooking the Auvergne stew
The meat should be tender while the vegetables should be well cooked but still fairly firm.
1 - Cooking the meat:
In a large pot, a Dutch oven or a casserole dish,
- Place the entire blade and shank on the bottom then cover with cold water
- Peel the onion, prick it with the cloves and put it with the meat
- Add the bouquet garni
- Bring to a boil, add the chicken bouillon cube and cook for 25 min
2 - Cooking vegetables:
- Add the carrots, turnips and leeks to the meat
- Leave to cook for 25 minutes over low heat and covered
- After 25 min, add the potatoes, cabbage, Morteau sausages and leather sausage
- Leave to cook for 25 minutes over low heat and over a covered heat
Serve the Auvergne hotpot
Once the meat and vegetables are cooked, it's time to dress for serving.
In a large, sufficiently deep serving dish, start by placing a few vegetables at the bottom
Cut the meat into pieces of the same size (a little more portions than guests allows you to refill!)
- Place the meat on the vegetables then add the rest of the vegetables around.
- Cover everything with the cooking juices
The hotpot is served with mustard, the ideal being to offer several kinds of mustards.
Enjoy your meal !
- Also to discover: the Norman hotpot
You can vary the pleasures by varying the sausages like that of Morteau or Montbéliard.